Air Duct Cleaning
Air Duct Cleaning in Dallas Metro
Steam Wave Carpet & Upholstery Care
Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve brought in professionals for air duct cleaning. Maybe you’ve never had it done. Either way, Steam Wave Carpet & Upholstery Care is available to tackle this important home maintenance task and check it off your to-do list. Our experts will:
- Vacuum, clean out, brush and sanitize your air ducts
- Clean and inspect your home furnace at no extra cost
- Reduce dust, allergens and mold spores in your air
- Clean up to 10 vents for just $199 – $24 per additional
- Blower cleaning is also available for $59
At Steam Wave, we take home air quality seriously. We will arrive on time, answer any questions you might have and provide a thorough air duct cleaning. Call today to schedule your appointment!
What’s So Important About Air Duct Cleaning?
All the dust floating around your house is easy to wipe off furniture or vacuum out of carpet. Air ducts are a different story. Just imagine the dust build-up and how that affects your home and family when you switch on the heater or air conditioner. Now, take a look at the benefits of air duct cleaning:
- Better Air Flow – If your utility bills have slowly been creeping up, it could be dust and grime hindering proper flow and forcing your HVAC equipment to work harder. Air duct cleaning by a professional can improve your energy efficiency and potentially lower your bill.
- Removes Odors, Allergens and More – Dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen and bacteria all build up in air ducts over time. Then throw in odors from cooking, painting, cleaning and more. Steam Wave stops this stinky, contaminated air from circulating through your home.
- Cleaner Living, Easier Breathing – Does it seem like dust returns immediately after cleaning the house? Does anyone in your home have allergies? Then air duct cleaning is a must to reduce the amount of dust in your home and provide clean, breathable air for your family.
Schedule air duct cleaning from Steam Wave Carpet & Upholstery Care today. We serve Rockwall, Plano, Richardson, Frisco, McKinney, Garland, Highland Park, Allen, Rowlett and beyond.
Air Duct FAQ
Why should my air ducts be cleaned?
According to various studies, indoor air can be up to 5 TIMES MORE POLLUTED than outside air. As for that filter you change out every few months, it may only be catching around 10% of pollutants such as dirt, dust, pet dander, mold spores, bacteria and more. Even if you clean house every week, you just can’t get up into your ducts without proper training and specialized equipment. You could try, but we don’t recommend it! Needless to say, pollutants trapped in the dark of your ducts mixed with moisture from your HVAC can then combine to release mold spores and other toxins through your registers.
How do dirty ducts affect energy bills?
Generally speaking, anything trapped or built-up in your air ducts can cause the furnace or AC to work harder to distribute air to the rooms of your home or business. Built up dirt, dust and debris in the fan blades, evap coil or other components of your HVAC system can also contribute to the system needing to run harder and longer to heat or cool your space. This wastes energy, drives up your bill and could even cause your furnace or air conditioner to fail prematurely.
How often should I have my air ducts cleaned?
After a proper cleaning, your ducts should remain relatively clean for 3-7 years. You’ll also want to have a high-resistance filter installed. Remember, cheap disposable filters only catch around 10% of airborne pollutants. In addition, you may consider having a biocide applied inside of your ducts to kill bacteria and mold. Please talk with a Steam Wave professional to discuss the pro and cons of this option.
What are the sources of air duct contamination?
Short answer, just about anything. Inside air is outside air, so there’s not keeping out the usual suspects like dust, chemicals, odors, pollen, bugs, pet dander and mold spores. Add to that the microscopic skin cells that we shed by the million every hour. Now throw in smoke from cooking, perfumes, bug spray, even chemical fumes from mass-produced plastics and wood items. Even if you’ve just moved into a newly built home, duct components may have been stored outside or near other construction materials where they gathered water, dirt and more before being installed without proper cleaning.
What does it cost to have a whole air system cleaned?
Cost depends on a wide variety of factors, including the size of your home, number of ducts, when they were last cleaned and more. The entire system should be cleaned and a more efficient filter installed to keep it clean longer. A competent duct cleaning company would not be able to do this for less than $200 for a small home or $800 for a large home. Be wary of companies offering prices that are “too good to be true” as these could be scams.